A pelvic ultrasound is one of the non-invasive diagnostic examinations that creates images that are utilized to check organs and structures present in the female pelvis. It helps by providing rapid visualization of the pelvic organs like cervix, vagina, ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, etc. by using ultrasound transducers. Integra Medical Systems LLC is one of the leading dealers of the ultrasound machine in Miami and other places in the USA.
What Happens During a Pelvic Ultrasound?
With the help of ultrasound transducers, ultrasound waves are sent at a very high frequency. The transducer is placed on the skin and then the waves move through your body to all the organs and structures present within. These waves, in turn, bounce off from the organs like an echo and then return back to the transducer. Then these waves are processed and converted by the computer to an image of the organs or the tissues that are being examined. Depending upon the type of tissue or the organ, the sound waves travel. For the transducer to move smoothly over the skin, an ultrasound gel is used which helps in removing the air between the skin and the transducer. Doing this will provide the best sound possible. The pelvic ultrasound is done in two ways:
- Transabdominal where the transducer is kept on the abdomen by using gel.
- Transvaginal, where an elongated and thin transducer is covered with the conducting gel and a latex sheath is inserted into the vagina.
Check Out Some of the Benefits of Doing Ultrasound In the Pelvic Region!
It is mainly used for measuring and evaluating female pelvic organs by using ultrasound transducers but here are some other uses.
- For measuring size, shape, and position of ovaries and uterus.
- To detect the presence of any kind of fluids or masses in the uterine muscles, fallopian tubes or near the bladder.
- The length and thickness of the female cervix.
- Alteration in the shape of the bladder.
- Blood circulation in the pelvic organs.
A pelvic ultrasound can be used for the treatment of:
- Any kind of abnormality in the anatomic structure of the female uterus, fibroid tumors, cysts, and other kinds of tumors.
- Post-menopause bleeding.
- Supervision of ovarian follicle size for evaluating infertility.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Monitoring fetal development at the time of pregnancy
- Accessing certain kind of fetal conditions.
Contact Us Today
Now you can see how pelvic ultrasound systems are helping in monitoring a large number of medical procedures. If you are looking for a good quality ultrasound system then contact Integra Medical System LLC, in Miami today. We offer the best quality and the latest ultrasound system at the best price. Our systems last for a long period of time and we can promise you won’t be disappointed.