An ultrasound is a highly useful tool for medical practitioners. With a variety of uses, from diagnostics to physical therapy, and of course pregnancy, adding one to your medical facility is a helpful and important step in expanding your medical practice. Before you go looking for an ultrasound machine for sale, you’ll want to consider a number of important factors, as there are different kinds of ultrasound machines to choose from. We at Integra Medical Systems in Miami can help you iron out these factors and decide what elements you should consider when investing in a new ultrasound.
4 Factors to Consider
If you’re looking for an ultrasound machine for sale, you’ll want to take into account a few different points in deciding what kind of machine you should invest in. Here are those 4 factors to consider:
- What are your needs?
- While all ultrasounds have the same function of using high-frequency sound waves to create internal pictures of the body, the different purpose you have for your ultrasound can help you determine what kind you need. There are certain differences you may need to take into account if you are looking for an ultrasound to be used for pregnant patients vs using them in diagnostics to look at organs. Additionally, how mobile do you need the ultrasound to be? You might need a portable one, or you may not.
- What is your budget?
- An ultrasound is an investment to be sure, but their are options for someone on a budget. For example, you could opt to lease a machine vs purchasing one. Leasing can keep the initial costs low, costing a few hundred dollars per month, whereas purchasing your own can cost thousands. If you really want to buy one, you can also consider asking for the price of a refurbished machine. These can be cheaper than new machines, and it’s possible the vendor may offer you a discount on a new machine if they know you’re prepared to purchase a used one.
- What equipment and software do you need?
- Ultrasound machines can have an array of options for software and additional features that you may want to consider depending on your needs, such as a feature that renders the skeleton for you. Consider what kind of transducer you want as well. Different kinds are suited for different services, and it’s important to research what kind you need.
- Make sure to buy a machine that fits your workflow
- New doesn’t necessarily mean better in every case. You may want to seek out a machine that offers specific features that compliments the workflow in your medical practice. It’s a good idea to communicate with your staff on this decision as well. They can help you determine what features are best, and define the needs you’ll have for your machine.
Contact Us for Information on an Ultrasound Machine Cost
At Integra Medical Systems in Miami, we understand the importance of a good ultrasound, and we want to ensure you get the machine best suited for your needs. We can work with you to find the right machine for the best ultrasound machine cost. If you’ve been looking for an ultrasound machine for sale, then contact us today.